Wednesday, July 20, 2005

My National Ballpark Tour, Episode 1

I travel a lot for business. When I'm in a new city during the summer I try to get to a ballgame if the home team is having a homestand. Well, I just got back from Los Angeles and although it's not a new city for me, I had never been there when the Angels were in town. My business concluded at 7:00 PM and game time was 7:05. I had to beg off of going to dinner with my clients so I could get on the road. Angel Stadium is in Anaheim, which is about 36 miles from the LAX airport.

I have to say I was very impressed with the whole experience. The upside of getting there well into the game was that I didn't have to pay for parking. I parlayed the savings into a pretty good seat on the first base side. The ballpark which was originally a dual use facility has been recently updated and the place looks great. There was a very loud crowd of 40,000 plus in attendance for Monday's game against the A's. I treated myself to a couple of Farmer John Hot Dogs. These are the same dogs they call Dodger Dogs at Dodger stadium. I have to say the ones I got at Angel Stadium tasted better, or maybe its the fact that I hadn't eaten anything substantial all day.


I didn't have my camera with me so these images are for reference only. Anyway the people were friendly and the game was a pitchers duel into about the 6th inning when the A's pitcher blew up and the fielders behind him started kicking it around. Francisco Rodriguez came in and closed it out. I really enjoyed the ballpark and highly recommend it to anyone visiting the southern California area. I'd love hear your comments about Angel Stadium if you've been there and I'd like to know which is your favorite ballpark.

No comments: